Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ever Noticed the World Around Us!!!


On the way to office I often notice people around me, in the bus, on the road or in different vehicles. The faces I see everywhere never match each other. Its makes me appreciative of god's creation, thinking how many mould's he has to give us such different shapes. We are here in different colors, bound in different religions and customs, though our blood and the scientific constitution of the body is same, but still we are so different.

On the long distance, I see their faces and notice their expression changing from neutral to smiling and at times a tiny drop appearing in their eyes. Are they smiling because they are happy, or thinking something silly they did today and when they cry is it some pain or remembering someone they loved. It is just like a newly born baby, who people presume is in his/her own world. Babies dont know how to speak, but its only their expressions which we can interpret.

I often notice people looking out of the window, though their eyes are just looking at the objects around, but is their mind also on what they are seeing. Are they appreciating the beauty of nature, looking for some nice faces or something else. A few friends told me that they are just talking to themselves or analyzing themselves and some are making some plans for the hours to come but their mind is consistently working.

I often notice couples driving together to work. One partner is trying to make a communication while the other is silent. When a person is silent, no one knows what is going in their mind, what are they thinking or concentrating on. And there are couples who are laughing and giving each other attention. It makes me eager to know about their relationship, how long they have been together and would they be soon like other silent couples once they have spent some good time together. Are they happy together or just adjusted to each other or is silence the only thing between them.

A friend once told me a quote, "He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words" but I wonder how does he expect someone to know what he is feeling. How can someone know, is he silent because he is happy, or because he is sad or might be angry with someone. Some say face is the mirror of the mind, but how do we read faces and their mind.

On the roads, I notice people heading towards somewhere, some people driving fast, impatiently changing lanes as if they are in a hurry. A friend says, it seems as if no one is satisfied and its a rat race either in traffic or in real life. Everybody is trying to win the race and ones own win is not that important as others defeat is. Are all of us heading towards a direction or a just on the go, what is the destination we have to reach or we would just keep walking.

Then I notice my friends with whom I interact everyday, they smile with you, laugh with you but they have a different story behind them each day. What they are expressing, is what they are feeling today or are they just faking it. Your colleague sitting just next to you, does he like you or somewhere has a grudge with you, is he your friend or a foe. Sometimes you feel they are the best of your friends and you can trust them, but some unfortunate day your trust is broken.

These instances which I see everyday and the estranged world around me which is full of humans like me - some of whom I know, some of whom I wish to know and those I see & forget everyday - makes me wonder "why do we hate others, if we are alike(humans)", "why do we like others, if we look different", "why do we become silent in a relationship, when we chose it ourselves", "why are we running against each other, if we have the same destination(death)" and "why is the world like this or it could have been different".

If you have ever noticed the world around us, can you tell me...."Yehi duniya hai to aisi yeh duniya kyun hai, yehi hota hai to akhir yehi hota kyun hai"

.... With due regards to friends who contributed to the thoughts in the blog!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A well thought and introspectively written....just looks like a part from everybody's life has been summed up in the blog!!!!

Mr. Offender said...

They are different colors of life, or different shades, I remember one incident, when me with few of my MBA colleagues were out to have couple of drinks in CP & we landed up in Rodeo's just above KFC in inner circle, we are 6 in number so we took one big table in non smoking zone, while having our first round of beer, we noticed one couple took single seat just next to us, and in a moment what we all saw is lyk a big bang surprise to us........ the guy in that combo start crying and the gal just try to wipe-off his tears and convince him to calm down and stop crying......

'I dont know the basic reason behind all this, but clarify bit of my perceptions.'

Sometime you just want to involve yourself into it, and it happens very often in the walk of life......